Find a Pro in Garwood, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Garwood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Garwood, TX
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Garwood, TX. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Garwood, TX. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.