Find a Pro in Hearne, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Hearne
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Hearne, Texas
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hearne, Texas, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.