Find a Pro in Hewitt, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Hewitt
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Hewitt, Texas
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Hewitt, Texas. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hewitt, Texas. Get the roofing services you need for your property now.