Find a Pro in Hunt, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Hunt
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Hunt, TX
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hunt, TX. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.