Find a Pro in Laredo, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Laredo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Laredo, TX
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Laredo, TX. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.