Find a Pro in Markham, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Markham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Markham, Texas
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Markham, Texas. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Markham, Texas. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.