Find a Pro in Midlothian, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Midlothian
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Midlothian, TX
When you need roofing maintenance services in Midlothian, TX, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies featured on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.