Find a Pro in Monahans, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Monahans
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Monahans, TX
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Monahans, TX. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.