Find a Pro in Montgomery, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Montgomery
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Montgomery, Texas
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Montgomery, Texas. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.