Find a Pro in Naples, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Naples
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Naples, Texas
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Naples, Texas. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.