Find a Pro in Oakhurst, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Oakhurst
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Oakhurst, TX
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Oakhurst, TX. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.