Find a Pro in Rockport, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Rockport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Rockport, Texas
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Rockport, Texas. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Rockport, Texas. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.