Find a Pro in South Padre Island, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in South Padre Island, TX. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // South Padre Island
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in South Padre Island, TX
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in South Padre Island, TX. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in South Padre Island, TX. Find the right contractor for your house today.