Find a Pro in Tivoli, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Tivoli
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Tivoli, TX
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Tivoli, TX. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.