Find a Pro in Trinidad, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Trinidad
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Trinidad, Texas
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Trinidad, Texas. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.