Find a Pro in Waxahachie, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Waxahachie, TX. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Texas // Waxahachie
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Waxahachie, TX
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Waxahachie, TX. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Waxahachie, TX. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property today.