Find a Pro in Centerfield, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Utah // Centerfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Centerfield, Utah
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Centerfield, Utah. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.