Find a Pro in Draper, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Utah // Draper
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Draper, Utah
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Draper, Utah. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.