Find a Pro in Eden, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Utah // Eden
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Eden, Utah
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Eden, Utah. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.