Find a Pro in Gunnison, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Utah // Gunnison
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Gunnison, UT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Gunnison, UT. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.