Find a Pro in Helper, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Helper, Utah. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Utah // Helper
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Helper, Utah
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Helper, Utah. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Helper, Utah. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.