Find a Pro in La Sal, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Utah // La Sal
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near La Sal, UT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in La Sal, UT. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in La Sal, UT. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.