Find a Pro in Pine Valley, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Utah // Pine Valley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Pine Valley, UT
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Pine Valley, UT. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Pine Valley, UT. Find the right contractor for your home now.