Find a Pro in Toquerville, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Toquerville, UT. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Utah // Toquerville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Toquerville, UT
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Toquerville, UT. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.