Find a Pro in Burlington, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Burlington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Burlington, Vermont
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Burlington, Vermont. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.