Find a Pro in Essex Junction, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Essex Junction, Vermont. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Essex Junction
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Essex Junction, Vermont
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Essex Junction, Vermont. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Essex Junction, Vermont. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.