Find a Pro in Glover, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Glover
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Glover, Vermont
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Glover, Vermont, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.