Find a Pro in Hardwick, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Hardwick, VT. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Hardwick
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Hardwick, VT
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hardwick, VT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.