Find a Pro in Highgate Center, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Highgate Center
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Highgate Center, Vermont
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Highgate Center, Vermont. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Highgate Center, Vermont. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.