Find a Pro in Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Saint Johnsbury, VT. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Saint Johnsbury
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Saint Johnsbury, VT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Saint Johnsbury, VT. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Saint Johnsbury, VT. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property now.