Find a Pro in Topsham, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Topsham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Topsham, Vermont
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Topsham, Vermont. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.