Find a Pro in Vergennes, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Vergennes, Vermont. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Vergennes
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Vergennes, Vermont
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Vergennes, Vermont. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.