Find a Pro in Waterville, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Waterville, VT. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Waterville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Waterville, VT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Waterville, VT. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.