Find a Pro in Wilmington, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Vermont // Wilmington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Wilmington, Vermont
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Wilmington, Vermont. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Wilmington, Vermont. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.