Find a Pro in Bow, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Bow, Washington. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Bow
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Bow, Washington
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Bow, Washington. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Bow, Washington. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.