Find a Pro in Clayton, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Clayton, WA. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Clayton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Clayton, WA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Clayton, WA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Clayton, WA. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.