Find a Pro in Dupont, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Dupont
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Dupont, WA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Dupont, WA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.