Find a Pro in Ellensburg, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Ellensburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Ellensburg, WA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Ellensburg, WA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.