Find a Pro in Federal Way, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Federal Way
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Federal Way, WA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Federal Way, WA. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Federal Way, WA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.