Find a Pro in Kennewick, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Kennewick, Washington. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Kennewick
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Kennewick, Washington
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Kennewick, Washington, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.