Find a Pro in Kingston, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Kingston
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Kingston, WA
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Kingston, WA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Kingston, WA. Find the right contractor for your property now.