Find a Pro in Lind, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Lind
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Lind, Washington
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lind, Washington. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.