Find a Pro in Oakville, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Oakville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Oakville, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Oakville, Washington. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.