Find a Pro in Odessa, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Odessa, WA. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Odessa
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Odessa, WA
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Odessa, WA. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.