Find a Pro in Olympia, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Olympia
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Olympia, Washington
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Olympia, Washington, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Olympia, Washington. Get the roofing services you need for your house right away.