Find a Pro in South Cle Elum, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // South Cle Elum
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in South Cle Elum, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in South Cle Elum, Washington. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.