Find a Pro in Steilacoom, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Steilacoom
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Steilacoom, WA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Steilacoom, WA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.