Find a Pro in Sultan, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Sultan
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Sultan, Washington
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Sultan, Washington, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.