Find a Pro in Sumas, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Sumas, WA. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Sumas
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Sumas, WA
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Sumas, WA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.