Find a Pro in Wilbur, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Washington // Wilbur
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Wilbur, WA
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Wilbur, WA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.